Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Shopping trip extravaganza!

Over the course of this blog, you all will start to notice that my mother and I are really really close. I think we were both blessed with that, the fact that we got a friend in a mother/daughter. Anyway, well, we spend a lot of time together and, frankly speaking, a lot of it is spent shopping. While browsing through the stores last week, I hit some AMAZING deals. I mean, it's typically a commonly known fact that the end of a season is the best time to hit the stores. But, this year?? I am not joking... We've been hitting jackpot. 

My favorite sale picks of the season?
  1. Rue21
  2. Macy's
  3. JCPenney
  4. Sears
No worries. I won't leave you out in the cold with just that and no details. But, before I begin, I do live in a small South Texas town, and this is what was in stores here. 

Okay, #1, Rue21. I don't know how familiar you guys are with this store, but they're relatively always priced low. That's all I can vouch for since I've known a couple of people that have complained about their quality. I haven't had any problems though, but that could be because I don't buy my intimates from stores that don't carry brands with more seniority. Regardless of all that, let me come to the point here. I bought a sweater-dress there for $2. Yeah, that's right. This sweater was cheaper than a BigMac©. 

Check out the nice colors on that, too! I was super pleased with myself. (Also, just a heads up. If I'm able to shoot photos, I will, but I won't be able to all the time.) 

#2, Macy's. Okay, the deals here are in the sweater section, too. Men's and women's, though. I didn't find as much luck here as my dad did. I bought a nice Tommy Hilfiger© sweater vest for $10, though. Gorgeous color scheme too. Pink, gray, black, in an argyle scheme. (It's at the dry cleaners, sorry!) But, let me tell you about the men's section. $5.99 for sweaters and sweater vests. No joke, they've got all of them marked down. It's just a random section that was created specifically for the buggers. If you've got a father or a hubby that likes sweaters, go pick one up now for CHEAP. Also, the brands weren't too bad either: Izod, Perry Ellis, Alfani, Chaps, etc.  

#3, JCPenney. So, have you guys heard about their new pricing system? No more sales, just constant low prices on decent brands. It's like being in an organized and constant Ross or Marshall's. The sport coats are around $100-200 with brands like Claiborne. The children's clothes can go down to $2 if you look on the "Best Deals" rack. Dresses were around $20. Not bad. I salute you, JCPenney. 

#4, Sears. The prices here were NOT what they were marked when I went. It was an extra 30% off the sale price. So, my super cute jacket that I thought was a steal at $9.99? It was $6.99.
Anyone else amazed with my bargains? I'm so in love with my new jacket and my new sweater. That being said, don't go overboard and buy more than you should just because the prices are cheap. Try to figure out what you need rather than what you want. But, I definitely encourage a treat to yourself. :)




-Nabila

No comments:

Post a Comment