Monday, October 15, 2012

Pintested: The Burning Face Mask

Okay, so, how many of you have a Pinterest? I'll just wait patiently as all of you raise your hands.

I'm sure there's a bunch of Pinterest addicts in the blogosphere. I'd just like to mention an awesome pin that I've come across, tried and adopted into my life.

I think I'll be posting a couple more over time, too. ;)

The first one is going to be a face mask/ scrub at My Yellow Sandbox. This is phenomenal! My face hasn't been this smooth or clear in years.

I don't know about the rest of you, but college has made my skin blackhead and breakout central. I had FLAWLESS skin in high school. I never had to do a thing to it. But, the last two years have been a struggle. I don't like to use chemicals on my face, because the skin there is so sensitive.

I've been using the mask from My Yellow Sandbox twice a week and I've seen tremendous amounts of progress.

I'd like to mention that I tweaked the recipe a bit to suit my skin type and needs.


My recipe:
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp honey
1/2 tsp purified water

Why did I do this? Well, let me break it down to the additions and subtractions from the original recipe:

1) Nutmeg: Nutmeg's properties are used as an anti-inflammatory. Not something I need; I just need to deep-clean my skin.
 
2) Lemon Juice:lemon is very acidic and I didn't feel comfortable using it on my sensitive skin. 

3) + Water: I added water so it would be less thick. I actually didn't use this as a mask, I diluted it a bit and I used it as a scrub. 

Regardless of the changes, my face felt and looked AMAZING. So, thank you My Yellow Sandbox!!

No comments:

Post a Comment