Monday, July 30, 2012

TP Repurpose: Headband Holder


I’m on a cleaning binge right now, and the first thing I noticed was how many headbands I had laying around without a home. I wear A LOT of headbands. Ask any of friends, there’s rarely a time when I don’t have one on. (I even have one on right now.) The point is, I got a little crafty and turned some old toilet paper rolls into something useful!

First you take that TP roll and cut it into equal thirds. (Roughly estimated, it’s about 1.5 inches per piece)

Here’s where I made my marks.


Then you take some old computer paper (mine are some old Philosophy notes) and cut them into strips according to your TP roll pieces. For one roll, it’s three pieces. So, three strips of computer paper cut to 6.5 inches long X 1.5 inches wide. Now comes the fun decoupage part. Apply your Mod Podge (or Mod Podge hack like I use) to your TP rolls and then apply the strips.




You can leave them this way if you like or take some scrapbook paper and cover it a second time. I used an old Zen calendar. Once you've decoupaged, wait till they’re all dry and just staple them together.  



Voila! You're ready to thumb tack this onto your wall for use.


Just a heads up to you folks, this is not necessarily a permanent solution. This is in no way sturdy. I plan on keeping this as is until it breaks or tears. Once it does, I'll probably just do this again. 

1 comment:

  1. Hee heeeeee! That's a smart little recycle, and thank you for making our mod podge recipe a part of it! We always appreciate the shout out!

    ReplyDelete